Robert MacKinnon

Default Power tools in Europe (long)

Simon (or anyone else)

Can you explain the reasoning behind that limitation -- that dado blades are
not for use on machines with brakes? I have an Inca TS with the ability to
take a dado blade and I'm thinking of adding an electronic brake the saw.
If there is a scientific reason why I shouldn't do this, I'd be interested
in knowing. But if this limitation is political, then I might persue adding
the brake anways.

"Simon" wrote in message
the irony of the dado kit situation is that they are sold here, but

specify
that they are NOT for use with machines with brakes, yet you can't buy

an
unbraked machine.