Posted to alt.home.repair
E Z Peaces E Z Peaces is offline

Default Failure of Rechargeable Battery

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I can't vouch for this, from personal experience. But, what
I've read is that when one battery goes dead before the
others, it does "voltage reversal" or something. Which more
completely kills the battery.

A neighbor bought a 24V NiCad drill. It came with two battery packs and
instruction to switch batteries at the first sign that one was getting
low.

The first time he used it, I reminded him to change batteries when I saw
a reduction in power. He kept drilling. Continuing to run current
through a discharged cell could ruin an expensive battery pack.

That may not be a problem with cameras. I imagine a camera will quit
working if it's not getting full voltage.