Posted to alt.home.repair
E Z Peaces E Z Peaces is offline

Default New Product

HeyBub wrote:

Anyway, HF is now selling a fill-it-yourself aerosol spray can

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

for (reg) $7.99 (sale price is less).

You put whatever you want to spray in the can (paint, mustard, deer urine,
etc.), and add air through a bicycle-type air inlet - either from a
compressor or hand pump (90psi max) and you're good to go.

I bought a couple of those 25 years ago. One was from HF. I think I
used them for cleaners and lubricants. I found them a waste of money.

You need a use where it's worth the expense and trouble. It has to be a
fluid that won't corrode or gum up the spray can, and it can't have any
dirt.

A finger-powered spray bottle is more practical because it can be
cleaned and the spray adjusted. Unfortunately, the pump can wear out
quickly, and you can get blisters if you spray much. My favorite now is
the small plastic pump-up sprayer, maybe a quart.