Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default Storing turning tools

In article ,
"Herbs News" wrote:

While in the process of moving and setting up my shop again, have a
question -- what is the best way to store turning tools. Have about three
dozen gouges and scrapers and would like to store them where 1) they don't
take up a lot of space and 2) be able to find what I want quickly. Ideas
please.

A combination of methods. A mag strip, magnetic dots and a small
mag-dish for smaller items. A Jet tool-holder (fits between the ways)
for the bowl gouges (point down) and then a series of clusters of ABS
pipe that holds the rest of the tools point up. The last sitting on a
mechanic tool chest that holds all the bits and accessory tools

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv