Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default New Ridgid Tablesaw

There's also the part:
"HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE

To obtain service for this RIDGID tool you must return it, freight
prepaid, to an authorized RIDGID service center for hand held and
stationary power tools. "

The closest service center to me is "Jack's Lawn Mower Service". I
don't know if I'd like a lawn mower mechanic trying to fix my table saw.

Shipping a 452 lb saw with a fragile top could be quite expensive.

Why in Jed's name would you ship a table saw for service?

snip

Because the lifetime service agreement reads "you must return it"?

Just throw it away and buy a new one, then.
How dare they give you a lifetime warranty.

And those stupid lawn mower mechanics, yeah you can't trust those guys.
I mean, a table is complicated.

What's a lawn mower anyway, but an engine moving a blade in a circle
real fast? That's nothing like a table saw.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--