Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default de Laval turbine

"steamer" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

That's one of the things I most want to see. I don't have time to reinvent
it all.

--Tellyawhat I'll take some photos today; somewhere I've got a little
display I made that illustrates the steps required to machine a complete
rotor.

That's great, Ed. I'll bet a lot of people here would like to see that
display.

I'd like to make something around 6" diameter, if I can.

--That's massive! IIRC the one Bill Lear made for his sand racer
only had a 4" dia rotor and was rated over 100hp!

Hmm. Maybe Lear had a reason to make it that small? I though the
single-stage de Lavals were around 6" or 8" diameter and only produced a few
horsepower.

However, that was over 100 years ago.

--
Ed Huntress