Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Free design engineering book

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:25:55 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Wow. 'Lots of stuff to look at. I have the DjVu plug-in but it only worked
for a few pages and then crapped out. But I could see what you mean; the
quality was quite good.

Get one of the djvu reader programs I had links to. I prefer
the WinDJView one because it is pretty fast on my old
computer.

That Colvin book list looks pretty complete. My old boss at _American
Machinist_, Andy Ashburn, knew Colvin and may have worked for him. It's a
little vague in my recollection.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) gets this version of
"American machinists' handbook and dictionary of shop terms"
by Colvin in the djvu format it is text searchable (using
WinDJView at least):

http://www.archive.org/details/americanmachinis00colv

Direct link to the djvu version (~20mb):

http://ia311241.us.archive.org/2/ite...nis00colv.djvu

It was a competitor to the Machinery's Handbook at the time.
Well worth having around for reference.

He sure was prolific. I wonder when he had time to write for the magazine.

Just go look in the mirror Ed, should answer that last
question

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b