Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default What have I done? (CNC related)

On Mar 13, 10:01*pm, basilisk wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
I needed a project. Me thinks it should be able to cut wood.

It starts with moving 3000 kg of metal.

Everything works, but needs a whole lot of TLC. (All I was after was
the vacuum pump, but then I ended up with this thing.)

I have lost my mind. BSEG But who can say no to a 10 HP spindle?

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...=view&current=....

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...=view&current=....

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...=view&current=....
Next thing you know you will be staining cherry

I know the feeling, I purchased a huge drill press several years ago
and have had it in storage at a friends ever since, I don't have
anyplace with a ceiling high enough.

basilisk

Well, the building from whence it cometh was/is big enough...BUT. That
means I have to get off me arse and start flogging employees in large
numbers in order to raise enough money to pay either the rent or the
mortgage, not to mention heating that place.
That is not in the plan. BTDT. Having fun, in a relaxing way, is in
the plan. Yet, a hobby should ultimately pay for itself... ideally.
I always wanted to restore something mechanically challenging. I think
I found a challenge..*S*