Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer[_2_] The Wanderer[_2_] is offline

Default Fun with epoxy resin

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:39:33 +0000, tony sayer wrote:

Right!.. This surely wasn't in the UK?. I know they sling wires on low
voltage 230/415 lines but can't say I've ever seen them on anything
higher volts...

Predominantly on lv but there were isolated instances where they're on 11kv
lines. If they are attached to 11kv circuits, the steelwork at the top of
the pole is earthed. Never on 33kv - although there are a few dual circuit
lines where multicore protection circuits are slung as a catenary beneath
the power circuits.

--
The Wanderer

I'm retired. I was tired yesterday and I'm tired again today.