Posted to rec.woodworking
mjd mjd is offline

Default Wood Worker's Tool Box Qx

On Mar 13, 12:00*pm, "Peter Bogiatzidis" wrote:
Lew,

You may want to take a look at the following link.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/Portals/0..._First_Tool_Ki...

I think that this may be the one that CharlieB was trying to remember. It
seems that it originally appeared in Popular Woodworking, although,
coincidentally, I just happened to stumble upon it atwww.gorillaglue.comin
their "Project Plans" section under the "Odds & Ends" tab. Scroll down to
"Your First Tool Kit". Lots of other plans there too.

Hope this helps.

Peter.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Tom B" wrote:

Over the years I've seen a few pictures on the net of new and old
toolchests just for hand wood tools. Anyone got a couple of good
examples I could use to stimulate the creative juices?

Take a look at Fred Bingham's book, Practical Yacht Joinery.

Has a classic tool box.

Lew- Hide quoted text -

thanks for that link - that's a great article. Long time ago my dad
had given me my grandfather's toolbox - he was a cabinetmaker for
RCA. It's in my shop on the back of my storage bench; the outside I
had freshened up but the inside is waiting for an excuse to clean it
out and start migrating my hand tools into, so this story provides
good motivation to work on that.