Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default New Ridgid Tablesaw

Leon wrote:
"CW" wrote in message

Update:
The TS3660 apparently has not been phased out. Good thing too (or so it
seems)
since the warranty on this new one is only 3yrs....

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R4511-Ta...w/EN/index.htm

Did you read that warranty? The warranty is 3 years on all tools unless you
register them, then you get the life time warranty.

In addition to the 3-Year Limited Service Warranty currently included with
RIDGIDŽ Brand Hand Held Power Tools Stationary Power Tools, and Pneumatic
Tools, purchasers of these products may elect for a limited time to receive
a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service
Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase as
described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner
of qualifying RIDGIDŽ Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries,
free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set forth
below.

The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, for a limited
time on all RIDGIDŽ Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and
pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers
have 90 days from date of purchase to register tools for the Lifetime
Service Agreement.

There's also the part:
"HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE

To obtain service for this RIDGID tool you must return it, freight
prepaid, to an authorized RIDGID service center for hand held and
stationary power tools. "

The closest service center to me is "Jack's Lawn Mower Service". I
don't know if I'd like a lawn mower mechanic trying to fix my table saw.

Shipping a 452 lb saw with a fragile top could be quite expensive.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA