Larry Jaques

Default Extra cash at HD automated checkup

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:09:59 -0400, "hbakker"
pixelated:

Boy, we are judgmental, aren't we? This posting was done primarily to make
people a little bit more attentive and alert when shopping at HD.

Fact: People who don't pay attention lose money and other things.

FYI: the story is a short one. I decided to post what I liked to say, not
necessarily ALL the issues. Of course I expected reactions like "thieving"
etc., just standard thing for Americans to do.

But, to calm you down:

No. one: "collecting" does not and did not imply KEEPING the money. At both
times I showed the cash to the attendant who, in her best Spanish/English
told me: "keep it. I don't know who forgot that" , respectively at the

Atta Boy! Your karma's good.

second store, said to me: "Thanks! This happened a few times more. It's
"just" two bucks and it's like finding it on the street. There are no
customers around now - who can tell who's the owner. Take it home". And so
I kept the cash. (And next time I may even forget to check the slot).

I keep my conscience clear by asking the clerk. If they don't
want it, I keep it and consider it my karma for the last couple
bucks -I- forgot there or somewhere else.

Iguana: The other green meat!