Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default New Ridgid Tablesaw

On Mar 13, 5:00*pm, "CW" wrote:
Has anyone checked out the new *contractor's* tablesaw from Ridgid?
I saw it today when I was at HD.

It looks like it's supposed to replace the old cast iron TS3650. * Did I
mention
it's GRANITE topped! *(I'm a newbie, so I found that a tad impressive....)
It's also got a new fence system & redesigned Herc-U-Lift.

Didn't have time to give it more than a passing look/see but one thing
I did notice was the top was already chipped.

Hmmmm....

Some upscale table saws now feature granite, Steel City, maybe?.
Personally, I would rather deal with a bit of rust on my cast iron
than a chip in granite. Maybe an epoxy repair kit should be included
with stone tops. Note that machine shops using granite surface plates
tend to baby them with covers, etc. For sure, granite is a better
choice than aluminum for a table saw and much better than marble for a
tombstone.