Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Sandblaster 100 feet from compressor

Sandblasters are air hogs. Your pressure drop will be excessive.

You can do a quick test: coil up the 100' of hose on the floor, hook up
the gun only with a pressure gage on a 'T' at the gun(no sand, no
cabinet), see what pressure you get out of it.

I can tell you that something like an air cutoff tool will run fine on
my smaller compressor when I have a 25' hose running from the tank to
the gun, starts then stalls when I run the same rig through 50' of 1/2"
copper tube to the garage.

Ignoramus32252 wrote:
I came across a smallish sized Trinco sandblaster today (24 inch
wide with front door only), with dust collector.

I am considering putting it into a shed, which is roughly 100 feet
(100 ft hose run) from the compressor. Maybe it is a little more than
100 feet.

My question is, if I run air at higher pressure like 120-140 PSI, and
drop it near the blaster to 60-80 PSI, would I be able to get away
with 3/8" ID hose, or is that not sufficient.