Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Sandblaster 100 feet from compressor

Ignoramus32252 wrote:

I came across a smallish sized Trinco sandblaster today (24 inch
wide with front door only), with dust collector.

I am considering putting it into a shed, which is roughly 100 feet
(100 ft hose run) from the compressor. Maybe it is a little more than
100 feet.

My question is, if I run air at higher pressure like 120-140 PSI, and
drop it near the blaster to 60-80 PSI, would I be able to get away
with 3/8" ID hose, or is that not sufficient.

Perhaps run full compressor pressure (175?) out there to an accumulator
tank (sure you can scrounge something) then regulate off that tank to
your final pressure. Should do the job since I don't expect you'll be
doing very long durations of blasting without stopping to reposition
parts, etc.