Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Yukio YANO Yukio YANO is offline

Default UPS problem

Archon wrote:
Geobird wrote:
Recently I bought a UPS . Due to fluctuation of power , whenever I
put it on it always opens in " backup mode " . I think the fuse has
gone out .
What could be work around ?

Regards,
Geobird

When I moved to this area, we were getting regular brown outs and power
cuts (not much better now...lousy power company) so I bought a UPS
for the PC, it was always going on backup mode. Went and bought another
with more power output, more indicators, turns out our incoming voltage
was 140/280Vac. Told the power company, wouldn't believe me but came out
like a shot. Turns out some of their gear was faulty.

Might be an idea to check your mains volts.

JC

Sounds like an "Intermittent" or "Floating Neutral Buss" !!
Yukio YANO