Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Anglepoise/ Luxo inspection lamp proble

N_Cook wrote:
I'm sure there must be plenty more who use these.
Heavy glass lens, circular fluorescent lamp etc on 2 off 18 inch long sets
of arms with springs. However much you tighten up the central clamp the top
arm sags down in use, especially when you rotate the whole lamp or the angle
of the head.
Place a dense rubber tap washer under the nut of this clamp. Changing the
angle of the arms is then stiffer but I prefer that, to sagging in use.
Anyone else have any other ideas that retain full functionality.

Replace or shorten the springs, or do what I did as a temporary measure
(years ago and it's still there) stick a pen bewteen the two top springs
and the top of the upper arm!

Ron