Posted to uk.d-i-y
Leveled Leveled is offline

Default Guest Bed

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Leveled wrote:
I purchased a wooden guest bed set , the bottom bed slides under the top
one and legs fold out to stand it up, They are quite smart, but on its
first use the legs broke , the seller sent more legs and these have
broken.

At the cheaper end of furniture "construction" we have softwoods,
cardboard, staples and PVA glue. I had a bed within a bed, much as you
describe and legs supporting the top platform, mattress, and 13 stone of
exhausted & recharging human, eventually gave way and was sent tipwards
(without the human).

Is the legs for the bottom bed, the frame of which made out of metal? On
mine those thing are spring loaded and haven't failed yet.

--
Adrian C

The whole thing is wood and the legs fold out from below trestle wise at an
angle and pressure downwards makes them break near the pivot point
http://www.bedtrader.co.uk/Verona-Ro...-pr-18845.html
similar to this but from a big very reputable store