Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Gas powered battery charger.

"David Lesher" wrote in message
RoyJ writes:

You have to watch the Ford units: the early ones had positive ground,
many of the later ones had external voltage regulator. I just prefer the
Delco units for ease of install for odd ball applications.

I have never ever seen a positive ground automotive alternator.
If anyone had same....it HAD to be British/Lucas...

What year US Fords were 12v positive ground?

What is different in Fords is the end of the field regulated:

GM
MOPAR
Most everyone:

just FYI, my morgan +4 was 12V pos ground from the factory, I changed it to
neg ground so I could more easily run a radio