Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Improving Align/Central_machinery power feed velocity control

why don't you look on ebay for a Minarik DC controller - I used to have a
lot of them but they are all gone - I've had good luck with Minarik - you
can look at specs on their web site - should be able to get one for $25 to
$35

"ignator" wrote in message
Looking at the schematic for my harbor freight power feed, looks like
universal motor, with SCR control, with no full wave rectifier in
circuit. So it's half wave only control. The SCR is before motor
(which is connected to neutral return), so I believe it is sensing
back EMF from motor which would improve speed control. However it
just does not do a good job of regulating constant feed.

Has anyone seen a simple circuit, or some other off the shelf device
that can replace the internal control board with a much improved
design?

ignator