Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nmbexcuse@hotmail.com is offline

Default A ceiling fan above the dinning table?

On Mar 11, 7:31*am, "RBM" wrote:
"MiamiCuse" wrote in message

Is this strange?

The way things work, with the kitchen, dinning room and living room all in
an open floor plan, we tend to eat at the kitchen island most of the time.
We rarely use the dinning table.

In fact, the dinning table becomes a place where we have a cheese board
for a continued game, we do homework there, a laptop is there most of the
time, fill out cross word puzzles...so we want a ceiling fan above it, not
a chandlier.

Seems more practical...but it's strange and unconventional, right?

MC

Your house, knock yourself out!! Just be sure you find a fan with a good
amount of light, which can be difficult. Be sure that there are no recessed
lights near the fan, or you'll get a strobe effect, and set the fan to run
in reverse, so it doesn't blow your papers away

The fan does have a light underneath, but not bright enough. So I do
have wired six recessed lights (H7T, with 310W trim). I am glad you
mentioned the strobe effect. I am worried about that. What is a good
distance away from the fan blade? Right now I have them wired about
3-1/2 feet away from the tip of the fan blade, will that be
sufficient?

Thanks,