Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Floating neutral or wiring problem?

dpb wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
who built up his tolerance to electricity. Over several months,
starting with tiny batteries, he was able to withstand the maximum
voltage to which he had access (440v I think). ...

That's an utter fabrication if intended for other than the punch line.

It ain't voltage that kills, it's current (roughly 15mA is sufficient
through heart). Voltage is the driver behind current so it has an
effect in making the likelihood of the current higher, but simply static
voltage isn't a problem--think of the bird sitting on the HV
transmission line.

--

Perhaps I can find a heart surgeon who will install
a surge arrestor on my heart.

TDD