Scott Cramer

Default Extra cash at HD automated checkup

On 16 Oct 2003, Swingman spake unto rec.woodworking:

Not to argue the point, but just a few of my tuppence's:

Not a damn thing sanctimonious about refusing to take something that
doesn't belong to you ... making a public noise about it, perhaps.

The public noise is indeed what I find sanctimonious. That, and the
poster's absurd conclusion that the guy he castigated for taking seven
abandoned dollars could not, by extension, be trusted AT ALL. And the same
for any other TOTAL STRANGER who agreed with the guy.

$2 to $5 is NOT small change to me, and I am far from being poor.

No, but it probably isn't the difference between taking an early
retirement or not.

And how do you know the guy who forgot the change is a "Bozo"?

I meant "Bozo" in the sense of "hapless schmuck", not "idiot".

Seems reasonable to conclude that convincing yourself of that is the
first step in rationalizing the act. ;)

Now YOU'RE the one making grossly generalized assumptions :-P