Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Aiwa AD6500 cassette deck, 1975

Tim Schwartz wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:
Does anyone know the voltages on the 3 secondaries
Main deck motor 12V but about 10.5V dc from the supply, nothing wrong

with
the ps and nothing wrong with the motor and its regulator. All that is

left
is the mains transformer.

Nigel,

For what it's worth, I'm looking at a diagram for an AD-6300U, dated
December 1976. This is a US model, with only a 120V primary. It shows
that the transformer has 3 secondaries, one of which is devoted to the
motor. It has a half wave (single diode) rectifier, D503, and a
1000uf/16V capacitor, C506. It shows the voltage on the cap as 14.5V
it also shows 2 switches, S6 and S7 in parallel between the cap and the
motor, so either switch could power up the motor. Could you have badly
corroded switch contacts that are causing a large voltage drop? What is
the voltage with the motor disconnected? If you are measuring the 10.5V
at the capacitor, then I'd say try replacing the diode and/or capacitor.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

I checked rec and nothing except erase.
Does the 6300 use 2 separate single in line rec/play changeover switch
assemblies. The 6500 ones seem to be 10 pole change over , straight from pim
1 to 30 except 3 in the middle which don't switch over to anytrhing else ,
both L and R switches failed? the same which seems very odd for each to
separately loose the same set of contacts .