Posted to rec.woodworking
Three Putt Three Putt is offline

Default Wood Worker's Tool Box Qx

LRod wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:57:39 -0500, Tom B
wrote:

For the past year or so, since I retired, I've been volunteering with
a group here in Plano Tx that goes out one day a week and helps with
household maintenance items for some of our older or less fotunate
residents - fixing toilets that run, faucets that drip, installing
grab bars in bathtubs, etc. Over time my assignments have gravitated
towards the carpentry/woodworking side, probably because I can use a
plane that doesn't fly and can make lots of sawdust. As a result I
find myself having to pack up some basic hand tools ever week and
truck them out to someone's house, do a couple (or 6) hours work, then
back home to unpack. Wrapping planes (the non-flying ones), rasps,
scrapers, and handsaws in old towels to protect them is, I guess, OK
but I'd rather have a solution that's a little neater.

Over the years I've seen a few pictures on the net of new and old
toolchests just for hand wood tools. Anyone got a couple of good
examples I could use to stimulate the creative juices?

You could start he

http://www.normstools.com/images/nor...ey-chest.shtml

Seriously, that may be more than you need...

It is a magnificent looking tool chest, but I wonder what it weighs,
fully loaded? Seems like it would take two men and boy to take it out
for house jobs.

Chuck