Jim Helfer

Default Extra cash at HD automated checkup

"George" wrote in message
Hmmm, I don't like self-checkouts either and won't use them at HD, but I
disagree with you about self-serve gasoline. Even if it is the same

price,
I prefer it because I don't have someone who doesn't give a damn

scratching
the finish on the car. Since I am in the rust-belt, that saves me some
money on a car rusting prematurely.

I do my own car maintenance, so pumping the gas once a week gives me a
chance to check the oils and fluids, look at the tires, clean the window
glass, make sure nothing is falling off.

Jim H

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"hbakker" wrote in message
Check your cash back when using the HD automated check-out facility

and
paying the bill with hard cash!

So far I have "collected" $5 and $2 at two different HD stores in FL

where
previous customers would have been confused or overwhelmed by the

"talking
computer" and "put items on the scale" and "take your items" etc!

I despise the idea of a self checkout. I refuse to use them in any

store.
Like self serve gas, you don't save any money, but the seller reaps

higher
profits.

To clarify, full service gas is priced as much as 25¢ a gallon higher

than
self serve, but that is an artificial price. In MA, each town decides

if
self serve is allowed. Gas stations across the street from each other

on
the town line both sell at the same price but one if full service. When

can get a 5% discount for doing it myself, I'll start to use them.
Ed