Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Update 3 on GE Profile Dryer :-(

"Ignoramus26567" wrote in message
After what seemed a success yesterday, with the dryer reportedly
working, my wife told me that they dried three loads of clothes. Then
the machine displayed a message "CLEAN LINT FILTER" and stopped
working since. (despite them, obviously, cleaning the lint filter
belatedly).

I took out the igniter again and bench tested it out of
desperation. It worked fantastically from 110v.

I put the igniter back again and the damn machine started working fine
again. I am doing a load right now. I am not as much excited about it
as I was yesterday. Feels like an afermath of a "bear market rally".

Out of the things that I did tonight, I do not know which could even
possibly help, but something did help.

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

When faced with this situation I have found that VERY carefully checking the
female socket parts of connectors will often find the problem. Measure the
pins and get a drill bit or something else very close in size. Check the
sockets for good TENSION on the pin. Especially if there are high current
connections, be sure they are good and clean. I have scraped out sockets
with a bent needle point. A magnifier will often help.

If there are circuit boards involved there will sometime be a hairline
solder crack at or near the connector and just carefully re-melting the
connectons will do the job. Bad wire crimp joints are not unknown also.

Good Luck, Don Young