Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Update 3 on GE Profile Dryer :-(

On Mar 10, 11:14*pm, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus26567 wrote:
After what seemed a success yesterday, with the dryer reportedly
working, my wife told me that they dried three loads of clothes. Then
the machine displayed a message "CLEAN LINT FILTER" and stopped
working since. (despite them, obviously, cleaning the lint filter
belatedly).

I took out the igniter again and bench tested it out of
desperation. It worked fantastically from 110v.

I put the igniter back again and the damn machine started working fine
again. I am doing a load right now. I am not as much excited about it
as I was yesterday. Feels like an afermath of a "bear market rally".

Out of the things that I did tonight, I do not know which could even
possibly help, but something did help.

If taking it apart and putting back together
temorarily fixes it, then the probability there is
a bad connection is very high. *Check all crimp-on
terminals, examine related circuit boards for
cracks or bad solder joints, and if the only thing
you are disassembling is the igniter, then it has
to be the igniter or the wires to it.

Of course, if you have to tear the whole machine
apart to get to the igniter, then it could be any
number of wires and connections are being jostled
when you open it up.

The clean lint filter message sounds like maybe an
air flow sensor is not seeing enough air flow, so
either the blower is packed with dust, the vent
pipe is restricted, or the sensor has gone bad.
Or, another bad connection that got fixed by
opening it up. *The pros probably have a secret
flow chart for diagnosing this kind of stuff.

Jon- Hide quoted text -

Or just hang a rubber mallet next to it, operate a needed and when it
finally quits, you won't have an intermittent to solve.

Stan