Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default first:utility (probably OT)

A bit OK, but this is probably the best place to ponder this...

So the winter fuel bill is in.. Ouch..

Going through u-switch as I usually do - the savings from moving have
hardly been worth while, (like a tenner a year!) so I've never bothered,
but this time there is a new kid on the block - first:utility - or at
least in my area... (Devon)

However there are no reviews on u-switch about them, and they want 2-year
lock-in (£100 buy-out, but u-switch estimate it'll save me £157 a year)

So ... Hmm...

Anyone know how their smart meters work? They say a "communications
network", but they don't say what... Their pretty pictures seem to
indicate some sort of wireless conection - fine for the electric meter,
as it can get power, but what about the gas meter?

Anyone using them or any opinions?

Cheers,

Gordon