Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default A ceiling fan above the dinning table?

MiamiCuse wrote:
Is this strange?

The way things work, with the kitchen, dinning room and living room
all in an open floor plan, we tend to eat at the kitchen island most
of the time. We rarely use the dinning table.

In fact, the dinning table becomes a place where we have a cheese
board for a continued game, we do homework there, a laptop is there
most of the time, fill out cross word puzzles...so we want a ceiling
fan above it, not a chandlier.

Seems more practical...but it's strange and unconventional, right?

Of course you can put a ceiling fan above the dining table.

The conversation might become a little awkward during the toast celebrating
the investiture of Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order, but if you
don't have many state dinners, go for it.