Posted to alt.home.repair
John Locke[_3_] John Locke[_3_] is offline

Default Washing Machine Drains During Agitation

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:02:58 -0500, "Don Young"
wrote:

I can't help you directly but would advise you not to start changing parts
before you have diagnosed the problem. I once had a GE that did this because
a little rubber flapper valve in the pump was broken. Either get a manual or
some good advice as to what actually causes your symptom. Sometime the
people at the appliance parts place are very knowledgeable (and sometimes
not).

Don Young

I should've mentioned that the timer seems to be working correctly. I
have the logic table for the cam switch, and everything looks to
switch correctly. That's what took me to the bottom of the machine for
an examination. I have the exploded parts diagram and all the
paperwork that came with the washer.

I posted a query in this forum in hopes of "getting some good advice
as to what actually causes my problem".

It appears to be down to the pump itself (pumping all the time) or the
'cam bar' that actuates the pump valve.

Anyone? Bueller?