Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default OT Postage

"C & E" wrote in
:

"metspitzer" wrote in message
Is there a site that shows the current price of a stamp? I send so
few letters that I can't keep up. I just put a 39¢ stamp and two 2¢
stamps on a letter. I hope I don't have to go back to the mailbox
tonight and change it.

Chatting with our little cow-ville postmaster I asked how many pages
could be put in an envelope for the cost of one stamp. He said that
he didn't know so we did an experiment. From the outset you have to
assume that none of the sheets of 8.5" x 11" paper is any heavier than
that found in a copier machine. At the end of stacking pages on his
scale we came up with 8 sheets of paper. That's what we have gone by
for several years now and only flunked once, that I can recall. I
love those little things that simplify life or are, at least, handy.
One more example: The span from the outer edge of my little finger
across my outstretched hand to the outer edge of my thumb is 7 7/8" -
good enough to call it 8" and make a ballpark measurement.

Just put it on your weed scale.