Posted to alt.home.repair
stan stan is offline

Default OT Postage

On Mar 10, 6:24*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

*metspitzer wrote:
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:10:16 -0700, Steve Daniels
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:05:05 -0500, against all advice, something
compelled metspitzer , to say:

* * Is there a site that shows the current price of a stamp? *I send so
* * few letters that I can't keep up. *I just put a 39¢ stamp and two 2¢
* * stamps on a letter. *I hope I don't have to go back to the mailbox
* * tonight and change it.

http:\\www.usps.gov

Thanks.

I was there before, but I was hit with information overload.

I tried again and found the price to be 41 *I hope. *

* For this reason I would go to the PO and get a bunch of the "Forever"
stamps. You pay current rates, but they are good "forever" no matter
what happens in the future. Would make a concern about current rates a
non-issue.- Hide quoted text -

Yes someone finally had a good idea. A few years ago, here in Canada
also, we had a situation where every time one stocked up on a few
stamps at the current rate, the rates were within a few months,
increased.

So that meant running back to the PO and getting a bunch of one cent
stamps to add postage! Must'a cost them more to print and stock those
one-centers than the slight loss of revenue?

So now, yes, we have stamps that have no denomination on them. Good
idea. And i asked one postal clerk if they could be used 'any time'
even if rates go up (I guess they'll never go down?) and she said
"Yes".

Along same lines the 'Change of address cards' previously provided by
Canada Post were mailed free. This was appreciated when Canada Post
itself made a wholesale change of our postal box numbers some years
ago.

But getting another bunch of those cards recently just to have on hand
and also redirect the occasional item that still arrives, although the
family has been 'out of the nest' now for many years, found that now
one has to put a postage stamp on them. Ah well! Still got some of the
pre-paid ones on hand!

Also tend to agree a lot of these web sites tend to provide too much
info; sometimes one eventually finds the information one is looking
for by clicking on a link on the extreme edge of the third window
opened. When one would have thought, for example, "How much" or
'Postal Rates' would be one of the first things required!