Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann Andrew Rossmann is offline

Default New battery for UPS

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article ,
says...
My UPS is now 7 years old and I suppose it is time to replace the lead-acid
battery.

My manual, which is now lost, mentioned NOT attempting this.

Any tips from folks who have done this?

What brand of UPS? Some have doors or covers that are user removable to
get at the battery. APC sells battery kits for many of their UPS's
(includes a return box for recycling, as you should NEVER put a lead-
acid battery in the garbage!)

I've bought my own batteries in the past. Just open up the UPS and see
if you can see the specs on the battery. If the UPS manufacturer doesn't
cover up the label, you can probably find the exact battery manufacturer
and model #.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross