Simon

Default Power tools in Europe (long)

"Noel Hegan" wrote in message
om...

Importing US equipment is not a problem. Although most are not CE
certified providing they are used in a non commercial environment
Health & Safety regulations are not an issue. I got a tablesaw from
the States and for $100 Delta fitted a 60Hz motor. Most US machinery
has the option of re-wiring to 220V and it works a dream. Cast iron ,
stacked dado fitment and cost were my main considerations at the time.
Obviously there will never be tablesaw sold on the UK European market
that will take a dado kit but I see cast iron tablesaws slowly being
introduced here, Jet Supersaw, various Axminster offerings etc at
reasonable prices. £2,000 odd on a Sedgewick was way too much for my
needs.

Rgds

Noel

hmm this is not what i was informed, unless i suppose you import it
yourself. I was told that it was impossible to import it, but this was by a
tool company, so perhaps they had their motives.
The point is moot because I was shopping for a commercial environment and
had to obey directives, the Sedgewick being the only non sticky out gimmick
infested table saw I could find that had the qualities that were needed.
Plus the only TS that came with an over 4ft blade to fence as a solid,
factory fitted standard.

the irony of the dado kit situation is that they are sold here, but specify
that they are NOT for use with machines with brakes, yet you can't buy an
unbraked machine.

BTW Noel, that Fein cordless is the D'sBs ;-) .. ta for the assistance in
the choice

Simon