Andy Wade

Default Weeping 'Tee' piece

"Richard Savage" wrote in message ...

Is any 'skill' required in making such a joint? Do I use the
combination as I would PTFE, i.e. wrap the fibres around the thread
and apply Boss White to keep it in place?

Almost. Smear some paste into the male thread first, then wind a few
strands of hemp around, working clockwise, as you would for PTFE, then smear
a little more paste over that. Put some in the female thread too if the
joint, when assembled dry, is very loose. Screw together slowly and wipe
off any surplus exuded paste.

It will not leak. Paste and hemp joints _never_ fail (IME, YMMV).

--
Andy