Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26567 Ignoramus26567 is offline

Default Air Distribution

On 2009-03-10, rigger wrote:
"no teflon tape, etc. on the downstream side. "

There's nothing wrong with properly applied teflon tape. It's
when it's applied to the last and next-to-last thread on a
fitting that it becomes a problem. Before I began work-
in in the service department I applied tape to thousands
of fittiings without problem. Others, less attentive to details,
had numerous problems. We were all using the same tape
and fittings so I've concluded application is the key.

A sane practice is that for expensive machines that do not tolerate
various particles, to install an air filter right on them. Ergo,
that's what my plasma cutter does.

This is also what the Dumore No. 24 automatic drilling head (for sale)
does.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/