Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger rigger is offline

Default Air Distribution

On Mar 10, 2:28*pm, F. George McDuffee gmcduf...@mcduffee-
associates.us wrote:
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:34:56 -0700, Gunner wrote:

snipIf you feel you MUST use galvanized pipe...remember, you are GOING to
get flakes of Galv in your tools.

Its a given. *Its pretty much Verbotten to use galvanized pipe with
CNC machiney, along with teflon tape.

snip
---------
A good point and another reason to use a filter/regulator/oiler
immediately before your air tool or other equipment and no teflon
tape, etc. on the downstream side.

For an example see:http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...Item.do?itemid...
and many others.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).

"no teflon tape, etc. on the downstream side. "

There's nothing wrong with properly applied teflon tape. It's
when it's applied to the last and next-to-last thread on a
fitting that it becomes a problem. Before I began work-
in in the service department I applied tape to thousands
of fittiings without problem. Others, less attentive to details,
had numerous problems. We were all using the same tape
and fittings so I've concluded application is the key.

dennis
in nca