Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Charles Friedman Charles Friedman is offline

Default Supplying gas to a small steam boiler

I have an old bernzomatic torch tip that screws onto the disposable propane
tank (must be 30 years old, at least). I unscrew the tip and remove the
metering jet and then push on a section of surgical latex tubing (any kind
of hose would probably wor, not even a clamp on the hose). Now I connect to
an equally old bunsen burner and control the flame with the torch's needle
valve. Works for making wax patterns to cast gold crowns!

Charles Friedman DDS
Ventura by the Sea