Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Smell from Kitchen Sink

"RY" wrote in message
I have a strong smell coming from kitchen sick that just won't go
away.........it smells quite strong.

I have removed the cap that screws on at the bottom and nothing there and
I have checked and cleaned trap, and yes there was scum there. I cleaned
the best I could , but still strong smell.

How do I fix this? where is it coming from?

The trap is the first place to check, but it may be water (and food residue)
that is hiding some other place. Under faucets etc. Mix some bleach and
water in a spray bottle and spray all round the sink, faucet handles, where
the sink meets the counter, etc. Be sure to check under the counter and in
the cabinet in case of a drip that you've not seen yet.