Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How to repair gutter nails

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:48:57 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
I used gutter screws. Designed for just this purpose. A lot like
nails, but screws. HomeDepot, for example, has them in white and
brown, in boxes of iirc 10. Maybe other colors are available online?
They probably won't last forever**, but it only took a minute each and
it's been two years so far.

I did the same. First I banged the nails back in but that lasted less than
a year. The screws are easy and have lasted over 5 years so far.

I tried banging them back in too. I asked the roofer to do it,and I
have plenty reason to think he would have done it, but it rained as he
was finishing and I think he forgot.

It also lasted about a year.