Posted to alt.home.repair
trader-of-some-jacks trader-of-some-jacks is offline

Default Rumbling noise when Maytag electric dryer starts

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 13:28:19 -0700, Bob wrote:

trader-of-some-jacks wrote:

The noise is over in less than a second, then the dryer works fine and
runs quietly through its cycle.

Check the squirrel cage fan coupled to the motor. There could be a
foreign object in there (fell in through the lint screen opening) that
stops rumbling when it sticks to the fan by centrifugal force.

http://www.applianceaid.com/images/l...t-partsrev.jpg shows a
picture of what my dryer would look like with the front off.

I take it I'm to look behind that tan-colored thing on the left, that
looks like the housing for the lint filter?

Sorry for the ignorance; this is not my forte!