Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Inverter microwave ovens - reliable?

William Sommerwerck wrote:

My dad bought it a few years ago for their motor home, and never
opened the box. It was in the huge pile of stuff they left here when
they sold their house in Florida and moved north. I haven't opened it,
because most of what I use a microwave for warns you not to use less
than a 1 KW unit.

The only thing "wrong" with a 700W unit is that it won't heat things as
quickly. Which -- except for bacon and a few other things -- is all that
microwaves are good for -- heating and re-heating.

Some items are marked, Do not use a microwave rated under 1 KW, to
prevent possible food posioning from under cooked meat. I have three
that are 1 KW or more, so why open the box? One is in the kitchen,
another is in the small cottage behind the house, and the third is a
spare. There are times I feel so bad I have to use a frozen dinner, and
i don't want to take chances. Other times I cook with one of my 5.5
quart crock pots.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.