Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default Annoying subscription notices

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
I've gotten an invoice or two for things I never ordered. I've always
thrown them in the trash, and never been harassed.
OTOH, I started actually receiving a magazine, Speedway Illustrated, out
of the blue, addressed to my business. I looked them up and emailed,
asking that it be canceled. I clearly stated that I had not subscribed and
had no intention of paying for a single issue. I got a reply that they
would cancel, and didn't get any for 2 months. Then they started up again.
After about a year, I got a letter saying they hoped I enjoyed the
magazine and would subscribe. Tossed it in the trash. It's still showing
up some 6 months later.

I still have my outgoing email stating I'd not requested the magazine and
would not pay for any, as well as their reply that they would cancel, just
in case anyone tries to back bill me. Being unrequested, it's a gift as
far as I'm concerned...

Jon

I worked conventions in Las Vegas for many years. We used to give out the
current magazines of whatever convention was going on. Lots of money just
given away. After the convention, we could take magazines, but sheesh,
after one of each, how many does a guy need? The rest would go in the
dumpster. Pallets of them. I guess some entrepreneur could mail one out as
a fish for some sucker who'd send back a full year's payment. It could get
you time in Leavenworth, KS, but people have gone to jail for less.

Steve