Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Nova Nova is offline

Default Electrical Breaker and dust collector question

Leon wrote:

Something sounds like it could be wrong, I use a 1.5hp collector that
recommends a 20 amp circuit, on 15 amp circuit along with a 15 amp router.
Both coming on at the same time is a problem.

In answer to your question, there are slow blow breakers to address
situations like this but I would still be cautious.

There are also quite a few circuit breakers from a number of different
manufacturers that have been recalled due to failure to trip when
overloaded. Federal Pacific is one example:

http://www.inspect-ny.com/fpe/fpestlouis.htm

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA