Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PaulS PaulS is offline

Default Supplying gas to a small steam boiler

Hello Steamers,

Can anyone suggest a way to supply a small model steam plant with
propane to fire it? The 3/16"-dia copper inlet tube for the gas to
the boiler has both an on/off valve, and a proportioning valve to
control the flow. My question relates to how to best feed the propane
from a small Bernzomatic-type cylinder to the tube. Will i need a gas
regulator? Can I adapt a Bernzomatic torch head in some way? How have
you seen it done?

This is for a small model steam plant that includes a horizontal
boiler and a 4-cylinder steam engine that i inherited from my Father
who made it in the 1970's and I want to get it running again. I have
it currently running on compressed air up to 80psi with no problems or
leaks, yet.

Thanks for any help.

PaulS