Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Operation Rushbo

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:25:32 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 21:09:54 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
news
snip

"The television cameras just can't stay away from him," Carville said
Tuesday, a day when cable news played images of Limbaugh seemingly on
a loop. "Our strategy depends on him keeping talking, and I think
we're going to succeed."

It amazes me that so many liberals hate and despise Rush Limbaugh, yet
they hang on his every word as if it were the gospel. They try to
imply that Limbaugh is a nothing, an entertainer, yet they continue to
argue with his comments. Strange, isn't it?

Jim

Well, let's see if we can de-mystify it for you. Pay attention to what
Carville is saying. Rushbaugh has the ear of the Republican base; 60% favor
him, and probably a quarter or so of those are rabid dittoheads. Everyone
else pretty much hates his guts:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/114163/Li...publicans.aspx

Assume the Democrats are successful at firming up the identification between
Limbaugh and the Republican right. Assume further that Limbaugh keeps
raising the ante and sharpening the polarization (a solid bet, based on his
past performances). So he supports a candidate and that candidate gets 100%
of the Repubs, 25% of the Independents, and 6% of Democrats, as per that
Gallup poll with all of the other Republicans tossed in.

That candidate just crashed and burned. He got about 27% of the electorate
(Repubs) plus 9% (Independents) plus 2% (Dems) -- 38% of the vote. (based on
Pew's poll last March, which is uninfluenced by the result of the
presidential election)

Now does it appear less strange?

No, your incoherent babble about Democrat just made it even stranger.
If the supposed candidate that Limbaugh supports is only going to get
38% of the vote, what have the Dummycraps to worry about? Doesn't
seem to me that they should be at all concerned with what an
"entertainer" says, much less engage in any sort of battle with him.
After all, he only has about 20 million listeners on a daily basis.
Hell, that's only about 6% of the total population. Hardly seem worth
bothering with. I guess the Dummycraps are just afrid of the truth
and his willingness to expose them for what they are.

Jim

Cockroaches, like Liberals,....hate the shining light of truth...and
tend to scurry around in the shadows. The faster they can kill the
Light...the better they like it.

Holding politicians feet to the fire is Limbaugh stock in trade..and
he doesnt limit it to just the Left..he can be a ******* to the
malcreants in his own party. And rightly so.

Its just that there are so many MORE on the Left.

Gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal