Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Shell Gasoline Ad

On Mar 9, 10:24*am, John Husvar wrote:
In article ,
*Gerald Miller wrote:

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:00:15 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Nitrogen is a inert diatomic gas at standard conditions, constituting
78% by volume of Earth's atmosphere.
Is your engine is already burning nitrogen fortified air??!!
It is marketing bull****.

On Mar 7, 8:27*pm, Andy Asberry wrote:
I saw an ad tonight on TV. Shell gasoline is now fortified with added
nitrogen.

How is this done, why and how does that keep your engine clean?

And were some BTUs displaced?

"Let Esso put a tiger in your tank" * - * " Texaco takes the hair out
of your gas" *- *"Chevron Supreme fits square gas tanks as well as
round" * I think I remembered those correctly.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Don't forget "Lead-Free Amoco" (~1950s-60s) and "Shell with Platformate."- Hide quoted text -

At least "Platformate" had some basis in reality. Platinum was used
as a catalyst in the cracking towers to bust the big molecules left
from the simple distillation columns into higher octane stuff. Of
course, just about every other refiner was doing the same at the time.

Don't remember Lead-Free Amoco from that period.

Wonder what the nitrogen compound is? Hydrazine? Nitroglycerine?
Nitromethane?

Stan