Posted to uk.d-i-y
miles miles is offline

Default Removing a floorboard

RobertL wrote:
On Feb 24, 10:47 am, "Slider" wrote:
"AlanD" wrote in message

.. .

Is there a specific saw I can use to cut through the nail, and that's thin
enough to get
into the (non-existent) gap between board and joist.
Fein Multimaster

Expensive though. A cheaper alternative is the Bosch PMF-180E. Does the
same job.

I guess you considered this: saw through the floorboard next to
another joist and do not attempt to remove the bit that's under the
stud wall. Then nail a block onto the side of the joist to take the
sawn end of the floorboard.

Robert

Thanks everyone who replied. I invested in the bosch which has turned
out to be quite a useful tool. I hadn't actually thought of adding the
batten, though it turns out that the width of the partition wall means
the batten would have to be impractically wide - unfortunately, there's
only access from one side as the other side has a shower fitted.

Miles