Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default wire tracer

Smitty, where on earth do you live that doesn't have a Wal-Mart?

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
I plan to buy a homeowner quality wire tracer. I see many
available in
the $30 price range. Any particular brands or features to
look for or
are they all pretty much the same? Any substantial reason to
spend
more?

Immediate use will be to trace de-energized AC wiring to see
whether I
can restore operation to a few old outdoor lighting fixtures.

I've got one of these. Works like you think it should.

A useful gadget, but probably not exactly what I need for this
particular application. With all the HF chatter here, I
sometimes wish
we had one around here. Sort of a sick curiosity, like wondering
what
it's like inside a WalMart. Never been to one of those, either.